Saturday, March 11, 2006

Pushed off the road*

(?) Listen


I had no idea when I woke up
On that gruesome day
That the road that we had followed
Wasn't there to stay

The sun was shining clearly
With no sense of gloom
And nowhere was the sign
Of my impending doom

Eight long years of travelling
And many covered miles
Just to get to nowhere
But betrayals and denials

I can't recall the scenery
The beauty of earth's crust
No summer trees or winter Alps
All I see is dust

I'd been lost before I found you
I went the way you showed
When I knew where I was going
You pushed me off the road

When I later realized
I had reached roads end
You were miles ahead of me
Along with your new friend

When I have finished falling
And I'm safely back on board
I hope that I will see some day
That the road was the reward

But now as I'm recovering
From this almost lethal crash
I hope that he will step on it
And leave you like a flash

I will make you pay for this
No matter what it takes
While I thought you were refuelling
You sabotaged my brakes

I'll take my life to the repair shop
On any road I'll find
I've found that love is just like justice:
Cold and hard and blind

Your road is fast and narrow
With a traffic overload
I wish I had found an exit
Not been pushed off the road

Your turnpikes are expensive
I know for I have paid
And although my life is mortgaged
I would happily have stayed

No comments:

 
Site Meter