Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ophelia*

Listen

You said meet me by the river
There are things we need to clear
Things that we need to deliver
Before we get out of here

I said waiting for your loving
Was the hardest thing to do
I don’t know where we are going
But I am going without you

Ophelia
Ophelia
There is a script for me and you

Ophelia
Ophelia
There is a plot we must go through

I think our love is confusing
Because we are loving by the book
And the lines that we are using
Were written by a crook

And if all of this is pretend
Would our story disappear
Or would our story get a new end
If someone killed Shakespeare

Ophelia
Ophelia
Let us rewrite the script for me and you

Ophelia
Ophelia
There must be something we could do

And if our shakespearian writer
Died and went away
Our future would be brighter
We would live to see another day

Ophelia
Ophelia
There must be something we could do

Ophelia
Ophelia
There must be something for us two

No comments:

 
Site Meter